Come join Burlington’s Premier Hockey Club!
The Jr Raiders are a Burlington not-for-profit Minor hockey organization run with a staff who are available 24/7!! Our passion is to grow youth hockey in the Burlington area beginning from U8 to U18 and deliver elite player development at the absolute best price in the city!
Tryout registrations are now open!
Register now and receive 25% off “Get Back To The Ice” programs from the Wave.
$55 for tryouts and $40 if you register before June 4th.
Click Here to register!
What we offer
· Professional, certified skill development instructors
· Salaried, certified coaches who are invested in your child’s development.
· All home games & practices at 1 location
· Mini pad training, available to Jr Raider players 24/7
· Treadmill training for players to work on their stride & edges.
· Dryland training & conditioning
· Fully serviced Restaurant overlooking our two NHL sized ice pads.
· No weekday games!
· Set & consistent schedule for ALL teams.
Why choose the Jr Raiders?
We believe hockey is more than just a sport, but more so a lifestyle that develops well rounded young adults. This is a sport where players learn patience, hard work, determination, and perseverance. It’s not always how the game ends, but how you held yourself during that game. Did you work as hard as you could, did you work well with your teammates, were you respectful to your coaches & referees? These are some of the questions our coaches focus on, yes, our coaches strive to win and encourage players to develop into the best player they can but there is more to hockey than that. That is what the Jr Raider mandate is, creating players for life. Hockey is a game for life!
We anticipate tryouts to begin the Week of September 17th for our teams. AA tryouts will be given 7 days to complete the tryout process before moving onto into the next category. After the tryouts have been completed, teams will have a Development Phase which will take place prior to the regular season beginning. Tryout registration will open end of May, we will release more information shortly!
U8- U9 Important Information
- There is to be no evaluations or tiering prior until the Monday following Labour Day Monday
- All players must have at least three (3) evaluation sessions prior to tiering of players.
- Development phase will begin September 20th until regular season begins.
U10- U11 Important Information
- The Hockey Canada pathway will be fully implemented for this season. More information on the pathway can be found on our website.
- Development phase will begin after the seven (7) days after completion of tryouts for each category (AA & A).
- Players must receive a registration card by day 4 of tryouts or they are moved to another category
U12- U18 Important Information
- U12- U18 tryouts will begin September 17th
- Each category (AA / A) will run for 7 days each.
- After each category is completed, teams will enter the Development Phase before season begins.