The Jr Raiders Hockey Club program is a hockey development program and the first true “pathway” program showing a direct route from 4 yrs old to the Jr. A ranks, With the ultimate the goal of playing NCAA Division 1 College Hockey on a scholarship. We have many players who have gone on to play in the NHL. Most recently Cory Conacher and Josh Jooris followed this pathway.
- To do all things possible to help develop the skills and abilities of each and every player.
- To instill sportsmanship and encourage fair play, while developing a healthy, competitive attitude in a fun and supportive environment.
- To advocate, on behalf of players and families, the ability to play hockey where they choose, without boundary restrictions.
- To support, advocate and represent our players as developing elite athletes, aspiring to play hockey at the highest levels.
- To use hockey as a training tool to help players become better people, instilling upon them hard work, respect, cooperation and dedication.
- To encourage academic excellence, stressing to our players the importance of education and helping them potentially reach their hockey goals.
SAFETY & ETHICS
The health and well-being of every player is our first concern. Here are some of the common practice standards that each parent can expect from Raiders Hockey Club:
- Concussion and injury protocols
- Certified first aid personnel
- Raiders coaches who have a police checks
- Supervised Dressing Rooms